21 January 2009

Almost Finished; Time For New LOST!

Well, I finally finished watching and recapping all the episodes. It's just a matter of blogging my notes for the dozen I have left, of which I have started to do, back dated, but haven't published yet. That should be done shortly, probably within the next week. What a relief to get it over with, although it's my own fault I had to rush to get them all in at the end because I slacked for a few months there. It made the hiatus go a lot quicker though. I can't believe it's been 8 months already.

My plans for the future of this blog are to start writing about past theories, favorite episodes, characters, maybe some top 10 lists, art and such, while writing about the new episodes, characters, and theories. I will probably post some initial reactions to the Season 5 Premiere that actually airs TODAY! I'm so excited!

I'm so glad the wait is over, although, I'm a little bit sad that after this year, there's only one more season left, one more premiere left to watch.

I've been thinking a little today about my hopes for this Season 5 of LOST.
  • I would like to see the four-toed statue again, perhaps the rest of it, learn more about it.
  • I want to know what the hell Libby's deal is, if she was lying, who she was working for, why she was in Santa Rosa to begin with.
  • Who exactly "has to go back?" Does that include Desmond, Walt, Aaron, Ji Yeon? Why John Locke/Jeremy Bentham?
  • What is this game that Benjamin Linus and Charles Widmore are playing?
  • I want to know more about the beginnings of the Dharma Inititaive.
  • What is the nature of Sun's business (i.e. taking over Paik Industries, contacting Charles Widmore, saying they have common interests)?
  • How did the island move? Through time and through space? What happens when it does?
  • Will Ben kill Penelope Widmore? Will he ask Sayid to do it? Will Sayid decline because of his friendship with Desmond and having lost loved ones before?
  • Who was Radzinski? Did he really kill himself?
  • Are Micheal and/or Jin alive?
  • I want a Danielle Rousseau flashback. I don't care how they do it.
  • Has Charles Widmore been on the island before? Was he once the leader, before Ben?
  • Why was Frank Lapidus supposed to fly Oceanic Flight 815 on September 22 instead of Seth Norris? Why didn't he?
I've also been thinking about what I don't expect to find out, or would be okay with holding out until Season 6 to learn more about.
  • What are the whispers? Does it have to do with time travel?
  • What is the monster? How is it controlled? Why does it kill certain people and not others?
  • Who are Adam and Eve?
  • What happened to Claire? Is she still alive? Will she find out that Jack is her brother?
  • Will Desmond's flash of Claire and Aaron getting on a helicopter ever come true?
  • I would like to see the ring lady, Ms. Hawking, again, and find out why she knows so much, and why she was in a badly photoshopped photograph with Brother Campbell.
  • Who or what is Jacob? Why can Christian Shephard speak on his behalf?
  • Were the plane crash survivors meant to go to the island? Were they hand-picked?
  • What is the nature of all the island connections? Is it fate?
  • What are the numbers? What do they really mean?
  • What happened to Annie? Have we seen her before?
  • Why can't anyone find the island?
  • What is the sickness? Why do some get sick and not others?
  • I want to know about the island's healing powers, and why Richard Alpert doesn't age.

Also, I'm sure that I will have more questions once the season is over.

No comments: