21 January 2009

Season Premiere, Initial Reaction

Because I'm too scatter-brained right now, and can't remember where each of the episodes began or where they ended, I'm just going to rabble off my initial thoughts on both.

First of, what the hell? Five years into this show, and I have no fucking clue what I just watched. The time-jumping makes me feel like I'm traveling through time and space. My brain feels like jello right now.


Questions:

  • Who were the people shooting the flaming arrows?
  • Why are people shifting through different areas of time?
  • Why can you keep what you have with/on you when time moves?
  • Did Daniel Faraday work for Dharma?
  • Who knows that Kate isn't Aaron's real mother?
  • What is Ben's relation to the ring lady, Ms. Hawking?
  • Why is Charlotte's nose bleeding? Does she need a constant?
  • Why do they have to go back? Why will that make it stop?
  • Why did the Others disappear to Locke when the island moved?

Thoughts:

  • I liked the touch of Ana Lucia showing up to Hurley. I thought it would be kind of lame if he saw Charlie, but we'd have him saying "Checkmate, Mr. Eko" to empty space.
  • The opening was cool, but I called Pierre Chang at first sight, and also called Ms. Hawking as soon as I saw the back of her head.
  • Neil Frogurt? He was annoying me already, so glad he ate an arrow.
  • I love Sayid. He always has the best moves. Knives in the dishwasher? Hell yeah.
  • I still cannot figure out if Ben is evil or good and it's making me a little angry and frustrated.
  • I can't help but feel a little confused as to how the show is going to work for the rest of the season after these two episodes. Is this what every one is going to be like?

I liked the episodes, but I really need to watch those a few more times to grasp what the hell happened.

No comments: